Industrial Wi-Fi Radios Overview:
Red Lion’s N-Tron 702-W seris industrial Wi-Fi radios offer outstanding performance and extreme reliability under the harshest conditions. IEEE 802.11n support allows our Wi-Fi radios to utilize three antennas and Multiple-In, Multiple-Out (MIMO) technology for increased data throughput, while also providing 802.11a/b/g backwards compatibility.
Our versatile 702-W series Industrial Wi-Fi radios can be configured in a variety of ways. These include configuration as a mobile station, station wireless distribution system (WDS), access point or access point WDS. They can also operate as a transparent Layer 2 bridge or a Layer 3 router within the network.
- Station: in “station” configuration, the 702-W connects a single device (MAC address) to a wireless access point and may be configured as a roaming station between access points. This allows the client to roam from one access point to another as signal strength becomes weak or service gets interrupted.
- Station, WDS: in “station WDS” mode, the 702-W can be connected to a remote wired switch. This allows multiple devices (MAC address forwarding) to be connected to the wireless access point when WDS is activated.
- Access Point: in “access point” mode, the 702-W serves as a wireless “switch” for attached wireless stations. Wireless access points are commonly used to create a wireless local area network (WLAN) that spans an area around each access point. Each access point typically supports up to 250 stations.
- Access Point, WDS: in “access point, WDS” mode, the 702-W provides wireless connections to a number of access points to expand wireless network coverage. In this configuration, the main base access point is extended using a series of relay access points (peer to peer) in WDS mode to create a wireless backbone (Extended Service Set) and, in turn, can form a WLAN consisting of thousands of stations. All stations should be configured in “station WDS” mode. Correctly configured switches using WDS will create a single network, thereby providing station mobility throughout the wireless network.
702-W Wi-Fi radios are specifically designed to operate in industrial environments. With rugged enclosures and industrial specifications that include redundant power inputs, expanded shock tolerance, vibration, electrical noise and temperature fluctuations, our 702-W Wi-Fi radios easily meet and exceed the operating parameters of connected equipment in harsh environments. If deploying a Wi-Fi radio outdoors or in wet environments is a requirement, our 702M12-W offers an IP67 enclosure and M12 connectors.
|Part Number||Type||Total Ports||10/100||100 Fiber Port||10/100/1000||Gig Fiber||Ingress Protection||Mounting-Case||Operating Temp|
|702-W||Managed||1||1||-||-||-||IP30||DIN-Rail - Metal||-40˚ to 80˚C|
|702M12-W||Managed||1||1(M12)||-||-||-||IP67||DIN-Rail - Metal||-40˚ to 80˚C|
For more information
- Contact Network specialists Ring UK today for professional advice about which system you should go for. We will assess your requirements and research and explain all the options available to you to help you or your client choose a perfect product that meets your needs.
Contact us via our Network Enquiry Form